Monday, August 29, 2011

Walking with God

I was asked by my sister to do an "aha" moment in my life and the following is what I sent her:

To Walk with HIM

I've been a christian for 37 years, having sat at the kitchen table with my Dad as a young girl, I asked Jesus into my heart. I've tried to live a good christian life; reading His word, praying, going to church, worshipping Him, bearing fruit, etc.

About a year and a half ago, my "AHa" moment happened. I could almost feel the Father's loving hands holding my face, as He began to open the eyes of my heart. I had been doing all the "right things", trying to live for God, but He revealed to me that my heart was far from Him. I could then see that I was not passionately in love with my God, why not? He said to me, "Because you don't know Me." I didn't know Him? How was that possible? I've been reading my Bible for 351/2 years, I've heard His voice speak to my heart many times over, I've even received a miracle from Him. (to share at a later time) How have I missed Him? The fact that I lacked a passion for Him was something I could no longer ignore.

Thus my current journey began...my heart's cry to My God, "I want to know You, that I might love You passionately, as You love me, please reveal Yourself to me." I purposed in my heart to journey into God's heart, to know Him, as the Apostle Paul wrote so many years ago, "[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him - that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and reconizing and understanding [the wonders of His person] more strongly and more clearly." Heb 3:10 amp

As I started this new walk, I began reading the Word with new intent and passion, to see and know my God. My hunger for His word grew as He began to reveal Himself to me in those pages. Oh how I'm beginning to fall in love with Him. Oh how He loves me. He's been patiently waiting for this very "AHA" moment, my entire life, "to walk with Him, and not merely for Him."

I get it now, I do, the very reason He created me was to be in a passionate love relationship with Him, the Living God. I cannot tell you how radically this revelation has changed my life. It's become my "1 thing", to walk with Him, to love Him, to know Him."

I wrote this on 03/11/11 and this is still my determined purpose....to walk with Him and to know Him. I guess that's why I have "claimed" to have heard His voice about my healing....for each morning I long to open my bible and hear His sweet voice....and you can too.

I've been reading a book that says this: "What does it take to begin a relationship with God? Is it to devote yourself to unselfish religious deeds? Is it to attempt to become a better person, so that God will accept you? Can a person actually embark on a journey that leads to knowing God? The overwhelming claim of the Bible is yes! Not only can we know the Lord and the Creator of everything that exists, we are invited - even urged- to know Him intimately, personally, and deeply." ("Romancing The King" by Brian Lake)

You may sense it or maybe you don't have any idea, but the Lord and Creator of everything is calling out your name. He longs for a deep, intimate, passionate relationship with you.

No comments: